Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fiddlin'



My daughter is a wonderful violinist, and earlier this Summer we had the opportunity to attend a sort of violin day camp. All the classes were great, but her favorite was the fiddling class with Aaron Ashton.  He is an amazing musician, able to play all kinds of music, and so laid back, he's awesome.  They had a concert that the kids participated in (if you're interested, check out this link for "The Devil Went down to Institute").  I took a few photos there, and also a few during class that I figured I'd share.  But seriously, check out his fiddle music here.  It's just great fun to listen to!  And now for the pics of the band!

This first one's probably my favorite.  If you look close you can see the movement in his bow and slightly in his right hand...just shows you how fast he was moving!


And now for some members of the band...(her voice and musical talent again were incredible)




These next two are some I took while he was teaching.  He was so great with the kids!  Always smiling, and such a positive approach.  It was awesome!



I know I've really talked him up, but no he did not ask me to (doesn't even know).  I just really think he's that great!  I hope you enjoy the pics...oh, and let me know what you think of the new logo!  I'd love some feedback :)  See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment