Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some thoughts...

I've been thinking a lot lately about an opportunity I've been blessed with to photograph families who have a patient on hospice care. I recently received an email (not the first) letting me know that a patient I have photographed passed away the night before, and tears filled my eyes. It was only a few weeks ago that I was at his house, capturing their family for the last time together on this earth. It's a reminder to me to treasure the moments. To gather those you love and hold them close, never knowing what the next day will bring. These patients know they are dying, and are able to take those opportunities, but shouldn't we all? I definitely want to cuddle more with my little ones, and my sweet hubby. I want to print all these photos I have of my littles to remind me of the precious moments, and remind me to make more of them. Hold your loved ones close. Pull out your camera, and get in the pictures. Death, for me, is certainly a reminder to live, and live fully.

And on that note, a photo I took early on in my photography journey.  Although I don't love me in this photo, I love that it's my son and I together...

1 comment: